If you’re a marketing professional, you’ll know how much time and effort spent on planning, execution, as well as analysis of research and testing to ensure the highest possible conversion rate.
We’ve conducted research on the subject of conversion rate optimization (CRO) and have provided you with this comprehensive list of conversion rate optimization stats.
While you may not have any issues generating web traffic, turning the traffic into buyers and ultimately loyal customers can be a challenge. These stats can assist you in determining ways to refine your CRO.
CRO Key Statistics
- The average conversion rates for all categories is 2.35 percent.
- The top 25% of the most popular sites have an average rate of conversion 5.31 percent..
- The top 10 percent of websites have their average of 11.45 percent and above.
- For mobile devices, the standard conversion ratio is 1.53 per cent.
- The conversion rate average for desktops is 4.14 percent for shoppers who shop online.
- The conversion rate average on Facebook ads is 9.21 percent.
- The data shows the foods and beverage sector was the most popular of industries, with 4.95 percent..
- The lowest conversion rate in eCommerce is 2.35 percent in the sector of sporting goods.
- In the B2B sector the financial and professional services sector has an average conversion rate.
- Unfortunately, the non-profit sector is the one with one of the worst B2B average conversion rates of 2.2%.
Essential Conversion Rate Optimization Statistics in 2023
1. The Total Average Website Conversion Rate across all segments is 2.35 percent.
Remember that this is a typical percentage derived from the varied rates of conversion across all industries. This can be a good start since the between 2% and 3% mark is a good indication that you’re doing very well.
2. The top 25% of the Converting Websites have an Average Conversion Rate of at least 5.31 percent.
Based on conversion rate optimization data, the top 25percent of most efficient sites have conversion rates of 5.31 percentage or more. Keep in mind that these websites are the best performers at a level that they put in a lot of effort and money to reach.
3. The Top 10 percent of Websites are reaching an average conversion rate of 11.45 percent and higher.
If you think 5.31 percent is an acceptable average of the top 25% of websites and you are not surprised by the 11.45 percent in the top 10 websites. In actual fact websites that rank in the top 10% most popular websites are more than 5 times the an average of 2.35 percent.
4. When using Mobile Devices, the Average Conversion Rate is 1.53 Percentage.
According to studies the mobile user is less likely to convert than desktop and laptop users. It’s thought that it’s not simple enough for people to complete lead form or pay forms using mobile devices. People should also be aware that they shouldn’t believe in mobile-friendly websites or apps.
5. The Conversion Rate Average for Desktop devices is 4.14 percent among online shoppers.
Between the second quarter of 2021 and the second quarter in 2022, conversion rates on desktops saw most conversion rate of all devices, at 4.14 percent. In examining the 1.53 percent average conversion rate for mobile users the desktop conversion rates are almost three times more.
6. The Conversion Rate Average for Facebook Ads is 9.21 percent.
Facebook Ads are converted at an average rate of 9.21 percent that is far above the general average of 2%-3 percent for websites. Sometimes, it pays to promote.
7. Statistics indicate that the Food and Beverages Sector Convert the most efficiently among industries with 4.95 percent.
The data from the last quarter of 2022 show the restaurant and drink segment converts at 4.95 percent this is the highest of all sectors. The beauty and health industry is averaging 3.3 percentage conversions.
8. The lowest average conversion rate in E Commerce Industries Is 2.35 percent in the Sporting Goods Sector.
Conversions for sporting goods across the globe have 2.35 percentage per conversion rate, which is within the range of acceptable as per standards. Even at the lowest rate of conversion, sporting items are being considered.
9. In the B2B Sector In the B2B Space, the Financial and Professional Services Sector has an average 10 percent Conversion Rate.
B2B, often called to as B-toB, involves transactions between businesses. It is distinct from the consumer-business space, which is also known as B2C. In the B2B sector the sector with the highest conversion is professional and financial services with a rate of 10%..
10. Unfortunately, the non-profit space is the one with the lowest average B2B Conversion Rates, which are 2.2 1 %.
Although the B2B non-profit sector averages a 2.2% conversion rate which is a great standard, it is one of the lowest B2B rate conversions across all sectors. This sector includes charities and non-profit organizations that face difficulties in converting.
Conversion Rate Optimization Page Statistics Page Statistics
12. According to statistics 48% of online Businesses have a brand new landing page for each campaign.
In reality, the rule of thumb in the current marketing industry is “one off just one landing page”. This is a standard which 48% of all online commercial platforms employ for their offerings. It is important to think about the demographics that are targeted for every campaign. This will also help simplify your marketing.
13. Websites that utilize 40 or more landing pages generate 12 times the leads.
HubSpot informs us that landing pages are producing an additional 12005 leads. This is 12 times the leads generated by websites that have only one landing page. There should be multiple landing pages, as a rule.
14. By creating 10 to 15 landing pages to promote your different offers you can increase your lead generation by up to 55 percent.
The best practice for landing pages is to develop fresh landing pages to accompany every campaign. It is proven that by making 10 to 15 fresh page landings you can increase the number of leads you generate by up to 55%..
15. Sadly the majority of B2B Companies Have Fewer than six landing pages.
Being aware that having multiple landing pages are the norm to increase the conversion rate of landing pages success Imagine that 62% of B2B companies with fewer than six landing pages. Even though we are aware of the advantages of having 10 15 or more and even 40 or more landing pages, there are businesses not adhering to the guidelines.
16. An average of 44 percent of B2B Website clicks directly to the homepages, not landing pages.
In the B2B sector In the B2B sphere, on average 44% of clicks redirect users to homepages, not landing pages. It’s rarely when it’s an effective idea to use your homepage as an ad-hoc landing page. Pages for landing are said to convert better than homepages.
17. One Website Reducing the number of forms they had between 11 and 4, and had a rise in conversions of 120 percent.
The company that increased its convert rates to 120 percent is Imaginescape. They did this by cutting down on the number of fields in the contact page. No matter if you’re using a land page or lead generation component on your site You can generate more leads using fewer fields for forms. Reduce it and increase the turn it down and you will benefit from higher conversion rates.
18. You can boost the Landing Page Conversions by removing Navigation Menu Navigation Menu by up to 100 percent.
If you’re using an option menu for navigation on your page of landing, you could be losing the conversions. According to VWO’s report, one company conducted An A/B (split) test to determine that they could increase the conversion rate of their landing pages by eliminating their navigation menu.
19. By adding video to your landing Pages can boost conversion by more than 86 percent.
Video is a hugely well-known format in the present. It’s not surprising that including a video on your landing page can increase your conversion rates by more than 86 percent. In this case the primary goal of the conversion was to encourage the visitors to the landing page to click the Subscribe button.
20. Make sure you have a clear Call-To-Action (CTA) on your Landing page to see Conversion Rates of about 13.5 percent.
Research has shown that landing pages that have one, simple CTA can have an average conversion rate of 13.5 percent. This is higher than the benchmark figures for global average conversion rates between 2% and 3 percent.
21. Direct Traffic Sources Allows you convert the best with an Average of 3.3 percent.
A study conducted by Ruler Analytics on conversion rates for the paid search, email Direct, referral, social media and organic search revealed that direct traffic sources have the most conversions. In actual fact the average conversion rate for direct traffic sources amounted to 3.3 percent.
22. Paid Search is a Marketing strategy that has an average Ratio of 3.2 percent.
In the Ruler Analytic study they also discovered that the use of paid search used as a strategy for marketing produced an overall conversion rate that was 3.2 percent. As you would imagine, the highest rates were in the areas of professional services, financial services, agency, and legal services.
23. Organic Conversions Results showed an average rate of 2.7 Percent.
Marketing strategies usually incorporate organic search which has an average rate of conversion 2.7 percent. The top industries for conversions via organic search are industries, professional service, automobile and legal.
24. Email Marketing Campaigns Obtain an average conversion rate of 2.6 percent.
The Rule Analytics study revealed that email marketing campaigns have a conversion ratio of 2.6 percent for all industries. In this segment of marketing The industries with the highest conversion rates include real estate, automotive and travel, as well as cosmetics and dental.
25. It is said that Social Media Marketing Campaigns are the worst at conversions, with an Average of 1.5 Percent across all sectors.
Ruler Analytics has revealed that social media is the most with an average of 1.5 percent for every industry. The conversion rates that gave the top rankings are travel, healthcare B2B services, healthcare and professional services.
The statistics on conversion rate optimization will remind you to use every tool and resource that are available to you for more conversions. One of the most important aspects to improving efficiency is the ability to experiment the results, test, and then test and.
Companies that A/B-test landing pages for more than 50 times can get the highest conversion rates. The other important thing is to identify your market and then market it in the right style.
For example, organic search excels in the professional services sector. The fact that conversions for desktops are more popular with shoppers who are online compared to those using mobile devices doesn’t mean that you should focus exclusively on CRO for desktops.
In the next decade it is possible that there will be an evolution and you’ll need to be a part of it by to make the necessary changes across devices.
You also should not miss the potential conversions from mobile customers. We hope that you’ll use these statistics on optimization of conversion rates to help you plan your marketing strategy in 2023.